Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Life without Internet...

So having no internet for a week was both awesome and super frustrating.  And it wasn’t really “no” internet - it was more severely limited.  Some learning experiences:

  • some apps that help my life are unavailable, incl Duo and all my learning programs 
  • The number of times I want to google something significantly outweighs the number of times I *need* to google something, and sometimes it’s okay to let it go
  • Solving the impossible research puzzle is one of my favourite things to do - basically impossible to work it effectively without high speed internet
  • I actually enjoy short videos and miss them when I can’t watch them.
  • I don’t miss any of the rest of social media 
  • I write a LOT more - to be fair, this could be related to having things to write about.  Esp as I very much write blog style rather than journal style.  
  • My short term memory is non existent - if it’s not written down, it didn’t (or won’t) happen.
  • Until this week, I didn’t realize when I had no service it wouldn’t actually acknowledge that - instead it just says SOS 😂 
  • Things that I wanted to share w friends and family in that moment were not available (eg little cousin who asked how big Sasha was when I got her - normally I would show her a pic, but it’s not on my phone so…. SOL).
  • I rely on my camera a lot more than I would ever have realized 
  • Air drop is awesome!
  • I LOVE being able to ignore my email completely 

0 comments:

Post a Comment