Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Ft Lauderdale

So after Cocoa Beach we drove to Ft Lauderdale. We got stopped at more lift bridges in our drive to the parking lot than we have the whole time we’ve lived in Thorold. Lol and for much more luxurious ships too!

So this was our first Let’s Roam of the trip. For those who are new here, Let’s Roam is a company that does puzzle-based scavenger hunts all over the world. And I was lucky enough to receive a year’s subscription from my parents for Xmas. Sooo we’ve at least partially planned this trip around cities that have tours.

Ft Lauderdale was So Much Fun! For a city that I’d heard of and literally nothing more, I had zero expectations. And there was a fair amount of traffic going in, which was less fun. But the “wander with purpose” was great.

We started by following the river (also admiring some gorgeous yachts); 
 
While this was far from the most spectacular, it definitely had the best duck.

then visited some historic houses;


This one was actually next to the one actually on the tour, but I liked the pic ;)

learned about the bricks with names on them;

I was tempted to keep looking for more of Cindy's story

met some nice Dutch guys who took a pic of C and I in a giant chair; 
 

learned about the arts centre, some statues, and the library (surprisingly the locals we asked for directions did not know where the library was but all were very into helping us find it!). 

This challenge at the art centre made me laugh

We also completed several challenges along the way that were mostly taking pics of each other or other random things.
I got 10 points for this pic of train tracks - I think I should've gotten extra for the raised bridge!

So yeah - we were only there maybe an hour and a half, but had a great time and really enjoyed the city. It looks like there’s probably quite the nightlife as well, but we were long gone by then…






0 comments:

Post a Comment