Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Cocoa Beach

Drove down Hwy 1 to Cocoa Beach this am; a much nicer drive than the interstate likely would’ve been :). We were targeting Ron Jon’s Surf Shop which Chris had fond memories of from a lifetime ago. Found it easily and somehow snagged amazing parking. When we got out of the car it was warm and sunny! Win!

The shop itself was an adventure and the checkout line a commitment, but we managed to grab some much needed art so that’s all good :). And C got the tshirt. Literally ;) 

Random tree art :)


We walked down to the beach which was huge and gorgeous but slightly too cold for an enjoyable beach experience and definitely windy. 

Boardwalk to the beach

Drove through town which was super cute and way nicer than the surf shop area before heading up to the hwy to continue our adventures.

I have to admit, prior to coming I had zero idea of Florida geography. Like I had to look up what cities were where in my planning - but even then, I didn’t really understand how Florida is pieced together. SO many bridges and water everywhere- which I kinda love :). But definitely am slightly discombobulated by random landstrips everywhere that are connected into some sort of vague semblance of a cohesive state.


0 comments:

Post a Comment