Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Collecting the pieces

Now... To put it all together...

Right so today was an adventure.

The videos introduce how to safely “fall” out of a handstand - which seems harder than doing the handstand correctly in the first place ;)


On the plus side - it also showed how to use hands to help compensate for losing balance.  Sweet.


Down side - I lose my balance so quickly there’s no way my fingers are going to compensate ;)


Plus side - Elaine gave me some ideas about how to strengthen my position.


Down side - I, not shockingly, also have some flexibility challenges ;)


So today I feel like I got all the pieces right for the first time, but each piece was in a different handstand ;)

  • I had a brilliant kick up where both legs landed straight up with no bouncing off a wall
  • I was able to kick up, repeatedly, while looking down.  Haven’t had the strength for that before today.
  • New record time (still less than 5 seconds lol)
  • Managed to tighten my core (do you know how to half-halt upside down?!?!  It’s a unique experience) - and really felt how it should work.  But couldn’t do that AND keep my balance at the same time lol

So I feel like I’m collecting the pieces…. And theoretically maybe one day will be able to put them together.  Starting to question though if that will be in time for my goal…


0 comments:

Post a Comment