Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

2 steps forward, 1 step back...

Grab some popcorn and settle in for today’s episode of ridiculousness.  

So two days of no handstands - Mon cause intentional much needed rest day and yesterday was an office day and a complete shit show.   So today I’m thinking I have 2h in the am, I should be rested, it’ll be awesome.  Best day yet.


Hindsight is a nasty little bastard.


Worked till 1:30am so no sleep, chaos ensues at work which while moderately entertaining definitely ate all of the 2h and then some, and I find myself w 29 mins for workout and eat.   This is…. Less ideal.


Keep in mind that lack of food and sleep lead to impaired judgement - I may as well be drunk rn.  This afternoon shift will be a challenge.


So I shortcut the usually significant warmup to the wrist stretches and figure I’ll do the rest w the actual workout part later, just handstands now (cause late Chris will be home and I'm not ready to share this insanity yet), and then eat (cause upside down not going to go well w food).   I said impaired judgement not none ;-P.  Which is almost worse cause there was actual thought to this insanity.


Yeah - so first go, couldn’t get up.  Like worse than the first day.  Second go, got most of the way up but essentially fell over to the left.  Saved by being in a corner and pushed myself back to sort-of-up position.   3rd go fell over to the right and it was only sheer force of will that I bailed that way instead of landing on my head.


Apparently it would seem that literally every sports professional ever stressing the importance of nutrition and warmups might’ve been on to something 🤦‍♀️ 


At least credit me w the fact that I stopped there.  Went and got food.  And will try again later after a proper warmup and exercise 😂. If I’m still awake.   Back to back meetings till five.  Wish me luck!


——


Follow up is the one I tried later in the afternoon was at least as successful as previous attempts lol.  I’m getting frustrated that I can’t hold it more than a second or two which I know isn’t logical but argh ;-P.  They say not to try away from the wall till you can hold at least 30 seconds.


Also, there are supplementary exercises to do that I really want to be practicing but atm I have strength enough to practice OR do the other exercises so practice is winning.  But I'm very much looking forward to being able to do both.

0 comments:

Post a Comment