Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Baby steps

 So today I took a slightly different approach; I did all of the warmup, but skipped the general strength training and went straight to the handstand work.  The first was a wall walk; essentially put hands on ground a few feet in front of wall, feet on wall, hand walk back toward wall as feet go up wall.   Like a push-up on steroids.   They suggested 5-10 reps, 3 sets.   I did 1 set of 1 rep 😂.  Look, right now my wrists and shoulders can handle 2-3 upside downs at most — I’m not wasting them walking up and down a wall!   But I do have an appreciation for how that would be a super useful exercise.

This is what I was trying to describe by Wall-Walk, except minus the push-up.  


I was super pleased that on the first try it took me only two goes to get upside down.  Win!   AND - I even made it to the point where I held an *actual* off-the-wall handstand!  Lol for all of about .5 of a second.  But still!   


There is a video.  I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to incl a screen shot ;).  But it shows the starting place.  Complete with safety pillow!


The ven diagram of appropriate clothing to post online and
shirts that won’t fall over my head if I’m upside down is two separate circles 🤦‍♀️


Then next round I got up on the first try!!!!   OMG did I ever feel like a superstar lol.   Unfortunately my shoulders were like wtf lady, do you not recall the wall walking and hardstanding you just did?!?!  We are done.   This effort was, shall we say, slightly less than pretty ;) 


I am having so much fun with this.  It is SO ridiculous, but Elaine is being super supportive coaching me through my crazy secret goal that it’s making me laugh and keep going.



These are the instructions for tomorrow.  Since I also have to be in the office they are well timed.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment