Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Luxor says welcome to the weekend :)

Supreme cuteness

So puppy day 2 - I definitely won’t be doing every day posts 😂.   But I have 10 mins to kill and So Many Photos, so why not ;)

A solid 6h sleep and a willingness to chill for another hour after her bio break was much appreciated this am.   


Today we’re figuring each other out and routines.   Knock on wood as of rn we’ve had no house accidents today so that’s a win - but she’s also home alone rn sooo *shrug*.  In her crate, but that resulted in her needing a bath last night so we’ll see.  Won’t be gone as long today so hopefully that’ll help.


We had some fun playing chase and tug w this one


We went for 3 mini drives today.  The first one she was concerned about and sounded like a stressed guinea pig for most of the drive 😂.   Second one she didn’t seem to mind (keep in mind both of these drives were under 2km.   Like the route I walk when I have no time to go for a walk ;)).  3rd drive was maybe 10 mins and she fell asleep during it lol.  Taking that as a good sign.


She seems to like being on the floor behind me instead of on the seat. 
She fell asleep here for a good 10 mins.


She “helped” me take care of the roses today (which for those who don’t know - which is prob like 98% of you - are outside of our fence so is somewhere she hasn’t seen before).   We then hung out there for a bit for experiencing the world going by.  Socializing my puppy may turn out to be good for my mental health 😂.  Turns out if I need her to chill and just watch the world go by, I have to do the same thing with her ;)


Helping ;)


The cats are adjusting faster than I expected.   They both stayed on the couch with me when she had her after dinner I-DON’T-WANT-A-NAP crate time temper tantrum ;).  Later this evening, Mori was chasing Luxi's leash while I was holding her and decided to follow it even after she was settled on the couch.  This is the closest they've come yet.


Two formally dressed chaos goblins on one couch!


She is scared of them if they’re on the same level and wants to pounce on them if she’s higher than they are (couch).  So definitely will be keeping a close eye on that and hope one of them swats her early (ideally anywhere that’s not her eyes!).  


Potential agility puppy much?  Lol this made me laugh.  Totally unscripted :)


I carried her down to the end of the street and a little bit up the next one - we live in an area where lots of people are regularly out in the evening.  She saw powered wheelchair (not sure about that), multiple kids on bikes (no problem), a basket ball (not sure), and met a few people until she showed signs of having enough of that, so I brought her home.  She's showing signs of being overtired now, so potentially too much for one day.   She's currently rearranging furniture in her puppy pen.   lol definitely a working dog. Lesson learned. 


Extremely cute land shark


Luxi definitely just put herself in her crate and went to sleep.  So for all the yelling and drama I get occasionally (not every time, maybe 50%?) she's clearly decided that's a good safe place to go sleep.  Win. 


Overall though, all things trending right.  She’s so tiny.  I really can’t get my head around it.  And it’s been a long time since I’ve had a dog that didn’t know anything so having to remember starting from scratch.  Well - not quite actually.  Huge credit to her breeder who clearly put a ton of time in w her since I can handle her everywhere (ears, paws, belly, tail, etc) and she has zero concerns,  and she def had crate basics before we got her.  So very much appreciated.   BUT compared to Sash, and even Tucker, we’re starting from scratch ;).  


She is so cute though.  And there are nose prints on my car windows again.   That shouldn't make me as happy as it does.






0 comments:

Post a Comment