| I love the crossed legs |
So Luxi is 9 weeks old and has been home a couple days longer than a week. In that time I’ve learned:
- She’s not a morning puppy ;). Lol I cannot express both how surprised and how happy I am about this. I had to actively train both Sasha and Mori to sleep in. When Luxi wakes up she calmly gnawing on her chew toy until she either *really* has to go outside OR I get her up. And when I get her up, I have to convince her. Like open crate and either reach in to pick her up, or treats or something exciting to get her out. This might partially explain why it was reasonably easy to train her not to charge the crate or pen door - even when she *does* want out ;)| Do I *have* to get up??? |
- Related - she LOVES to go into her crate at night. The rest of the day is more of a negotiation, but at bed time she races in there before I can even take her houseline off. Same Puppy. Same.
When she tries to climb out of her pen she NEEDS to go out. Anything else can be reasonably safely ignored, but climbing the side of the pen means she needs to be outside NOW or I will be cleaning the floor and it’s My Own Fault for not listening to the puppy who Very. Clearly. Told. Me. Lol. You should see the look I get - and now it’s earned. Because at this point I do know. And even when I think she’s suckering me, it always turns out she needed to be out there.
| She loves to play |
There’s a pretty reliable 2h nap in the am, more questionable in the afternoon, and in the evening - watch out ;)
She does not like heat 😂. I’m wondering if I’ve accidentally ended up with another winter dog! Ah well, will be good for my winter fitness. She definitely knows the house is air conditioned and whenever she gets hot she runs to the door.
| Tug toys are great for tiring her out, even indoors. That's not going to last long but for now, win! |
One ear is almost always inside out. Sometimes both. Idk why. I keep flipping it back but it doesn’t seem to bother her. At least she’s not sensitive to having her ears handled!
| So often an inside out ear ;) |
She is like every toddler ever in that she wants to do it All Herself. And really resents when she’s just not big enough. One example - there’s two ways onto our deck - go up the two normal steps, or step off the side (equiv of said 2 steps). Every time she tries to go up the big side and gets stuck and So. Annoyed. I find it way more entertaining than I should - it’ll be great when we direct that energy to agility ;)
She’s cautions about things at first, but when she decides something is okay she’s all in. Alas she has applied this to Mori who she is both concerned about and has decided should be her best friend. Mori is not onside with this plan.
Our couch is ridiculously lang (C and I joke that it’s got timezones) - this is mandatory for right now because Mori sits at my end, I sit next to Mori, and the landshark has the rest with his couch chew toys along the way. When she wants to be snuggly, she’s with me. Sometimes that’s an attempt to get to Mori, but sometimes it’s just me. When she’s being introverted, she’s at the other end of the couch, chewing away on her toy. I get that. Sub “kindle” for “chew toy” and you’ve got my life ;)
| Couch Time |
She is So Much Bigger already! I can’t believe how fast she’s growing. But that being said, she’s still about the size of Coco’s head. Smaller even than the cats. But still - Big compared to last week.
0 comments:
Post a Comment