Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Sydenham: Kemble Rock Rd to Peninsula Voundary + Bruce's Caves

Nice place to stop for lunch :)

Solo hiking today, and started clearly in daydream land since I went the *wrong* direction to start.  And was 6km in when I realized it 🤦‍♀️.   I blame the dog that was loose and didn't want company on his property!   At least it was absolutely stunning weather, and when I realized what I'd done was shortly after a side trail to a parking lot so followed that to the road and through a combo of side trails and road walking made my way back to the car to start over the other direction.  Not my finest moment for sure.  Despite that, the day was incredible.  One particularly spectacular view and some other amazing ones near the end, but otherwise mostly normal trail hiking.   

Bruce's Caves

The only people were right around Bruce's caves which has parking immediately beside them so lots of non-hiking tourists.  Signs warning about the difficulty of the relevant trails were much more strongly worded than warranted comparatively BUT clearly targeting a different audience.  Am glad I detoured to visit though.   Rest of the way saw very few people.

Stats:

Distance: 37.2 km 
Elevation Gain: 457m 
Weather: high teens and sunny
Duration: 7h 07 min


0 comments:

Post a Comment