Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much of a day. <-- Kellett

So my little superstar has been a bit of a chestnut mare lately. Carried a dressage whip for the first time yesterday. Didn't use it of course, but just the fact that I can carry it now is HUGE -- when I first got here even anybody ELSE carrying a crop of any sort was enough to send her spinny. Now she was aware of it, but she let me pat her all over with it while I was sitting on her and didn't have a meltdown so I was pretty excited about that. N in a strange twist of events, it turns out Miss Sienna is *significantly* more confident jumping out of a canter than a trot -- the only problem, of course, being that she doesn't have the strength to do that. hahaha ah well, now @ least I have hopes :) All we need to do is build up her flat work till she *does* have the strength to maintain the canter and we'll be set :) woohoo! It's amazing how such a tiny glimmer of something good can entirely re-vitalize my dedication. hahaha

So I've bought swim goggles -- the idea is to try swimming again tonight. Or it was. Until my boss returned from France bearing croissants (yeah I def had to spellcheck that) and chocolate covered almonds. mmmmmm Now I just might *sink* if I try to go swimming! hahaha yikes. My last attempt was seriously disappointing, but I put at least part of that down to losing my contacts every time I put my face in the water! That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Of course I have no idea if the goggles actually *fit*. That's what happens when you buy them off the shelf. But we'll see.

Still pretty excited about the new website. It would be up by now if I didn't have this whole day-job going on. hahaha the nerve of work to interrupt life. Sheesh. Soon soon soon! Today's little addition was *finally* making the favicon work (amazing what a difference a simple \ can make! Sheesh). hahaha ok so it's an entirely minor detail, but it was annoying me that it didn't work.

Ok well back to work with me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment