Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Rebel Kitten

Pure innocence ;)

So with Enola it wasn't all that hard to convince her to stay off the counter.   Mori, otoh, is a bit more adventurous ;).  So a few weeks ago we ordered a device that will blast air any time it senses motion - it doesn't have the best reviews, but theoretically it should deter the kitten from jumping on the counter.  Said device arrived yesterday, but it needed batteries which I figured would be a today problem.

Well this morning I got a text from C that mentioned he "picked up batteries on the way to work".   Ummm okay?  I figured there was more to that but busy work day so didn't ask too many questions.  Got the story when he got home.

Apparently he was making chicken breasts for his lunches and had left them on the stove while he put dishes away (now understand our kitchen is not large and is horseshoe-shaped.  If you are putting away dishes, you are by definition within arms reach of the stove).   It seems Mori hopped up on the counter and helped himself to one of the chicken breasts 😂     You have to realize, the chicken breast is nearly as big as the kitten.  C did, of course, get it back.  But omg the gall of that kitten.  I have to admit I'm still laughing at the scene I never got to see in reality ;)   

And yes, the air device is set up and appears to work.   The noise more than anything scares him off.

Anyways - just some silliness that made me laugh.  I adore this kitten, even when he is being a holy terror 😂 

0 comments:

Post a Comment