Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Mini-win!

So Thursday I had the first L ever that was truly balanced, and I was SOOOOO excited.  Only to realise my finger had stuttered and turned the camera OFF before I started.   I gave everything I had to recreating it and failed repeatedly.   And then I tried some freestanding ones and they were pretty horrible to.   It was, disappointing and frustrating to be sure.  And I know, logically, that this is 100% normal part of learning.  That does not actually make it any easier.  What it DOES do, is make it okay, and make me more inclined to try again the next day.

Alas the next day ended up being a bit of a write off.  Suffice to say there was zero practice.  Or exercise.  Or anything.  Combination of busy and not well did not lead to practice.

So then we get to this morning.  I did *not* sleep well last night and then was woken up super-early (thanks Nola.  Sheesh).   So even while I was warming up to practice, I was not in a good mental space.  Yet, that first L the other day?  At least as good as the one that didn't get filmed.  Maybe even better!   

The important part to note here is the foot next to the fence is not ON the fence.
I held this, in balance, for almost THREE WHOLE SECONDS.
In my new life, this is awesome lol

AND shortly after, I had my first freestanding hold that I felt was actually balanced, rather than just straight up, tiny pause, straight down.   It was a bent-knee pose, so not *quite* what I'm going for, but still huge progress.  So yeah super-excited about that.

I timed it on the video, it was less than 2 seconds lol
But it was SOLID.  And it's the first one that has ever been.

Traditional brilliance or disaster of the beginner learning curve.

And then, to top it off, I went and squished my thumb between two rocks later that day :(.  It is now thoroughly purple. We shall see how that impacts practice over the next few days.  I don't have many weeks left till my goal, so I'm really hoping it's still usable.  Currently looks like the whole thumb is covered in charcoal.  Probably not the best sign, but we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment