Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

I'm sure you've heard the thing about herding cats, but have you heard about cats herding?


So Nola has learned basic herding skills from Sasha.
  But she doesn’t have Sasha’s patience so it’s really quite entertaining.

For instance - my office and my bedroom are at opposite ends of the hall, with the stairs in the middle.  After work I generally go downstairs and feed the critters.  So about 4:45 Nola will appear and stare at me.  From 5-5:30 or so she’ll start knocking things off any elevated surface to get attention lol.  Then when I get up she’ll try to herd me toward the stairs.   But when we get to the stairs she runs down then - which means if I dare to keep going to my bedroom for some reason is she *ever* annoyed lol.  OMG.   So she’ll start yelling every second or so till she eventually comes back up to yell at me from closer (stupid human) after which, if I head toward the stairs, the whole thing will start again lol


Sasha meanwhile knows enough not to commit to the stairs till she’s pretty sure I’m actually going ;).  And even then she follows me down, blocking the way back up, just to be sure.


Vaguely related - the Mythbusters episode re Herding Cats is mildly amusing if you're inclined to google ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment