Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Quiet zones are good for my sanity ;)

 So some things I learned / remembered today while commuting today:

  • if there’s a local train and an express train that get to Union at almost exactly the same time, you will have your choice of seat and breathing room on the local while the express will be packed.  Since I’m going to be exhausted anyways I aimed for the earlier local which means if I’m late for any reason I’ll still get to the office at the same time, and if I make it, I can relax
  • I actively hope for an “old” car to stop at my spot lol.  And if it’s not packed, I will walk a significant distance to get to one.  For those who haven’t had the dubious pleasure of GO Transit travel, as per almost every form of transit, each time they release new cars there is less space for each seat, they also tend to be harder and more upright (space again).   Plus side is some new cars have power and/or internet, but I spend all day on my computer and the phone has data so I’ll take leg room any day!
  • AC on train cars is not optional.  
  • It’s amazing to me that I will still go to the same place on the platform that I started using in high school lol - I mean, ironically the building I work in now is literally attached to the one I worked in then so it makes sense, but there are many more options now for exits that would potentially save me some time.   Once upon a time it mattered; if you weren’t the first or second in the car, you didn’t get a seat.  That’s not real life anymore usually.   So I could walk all the way to the end and get on the last car.  BUT - being in the middle gives me more options when I get to TO, both for escaping crowds and for food if I’m so inclined.   AND makes it easier to get an old car ;).  Options in both directions.  I hiked a long way today for that privilege *g*
  • The quiet zone is sacred.  More places should have quiet zones ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment