Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

The voices in my head are snoring.

We leave on Friday. I've already started packing. hahaha those of you who have known me any length of time will realize how MUCH that indicates I'm ready to go. I am the queen of last-second packing :) That being said, I *really* hope I have a day off between now and then to get organized. N I'd also *really* like my ipod to be fixed by then, but that doesn't seem likely to happen :( Booo :(

Had a girl riding today who was very much of the "do it my way, do it now" type of rider -- was interesting to watch after all the lectures of late... Denny DID manage to get her to soften up and the horse certainly went much better once she did. But she was definitely having a tough time with it. Have to give her credit though -- it clearly went against everything she wanted to do, but she gave it a fair try. Didn't even roll her eyes *g* Although she did disappear rather instantly after her lesson was over :) hahaha most people hack for a while and then hang out before heading out... At least if things have gone well :)

A bit of a different take on physical size today. "You have an advantage in being small -- you HAVE to do it right." hahaha ummmm ok :) But the point was that a really big, strong guy can get on a large number of horses and physically muscle them into doing what they want. But the average woman simply doesn't have the strength for that -- so they have to negotiate the results w/ a little more finesse. And the result, theoretically, is a much more relaxed/rideable horse. The analogy was the people who just toss on the draw-reins -- look, he's perfect! But two days w/o them and the horse is inverted etc etc... Big-strong-guy can hold horse in position, but two days w/ another rider and they're toast.

Just a veiwpoint I hadn't thought of b4, so figured I'd share :)

4 days :)

4 comments:

there was a horse going around at my new jumper barn today with one device to keep his head down and another to keep it from getting too high... I almost grinned out loud!!

 

there was a horse going around at my new jumper barn today with one device to keep his head down and another to keep it from getting too high... I almost grinned out loud!!

jen

 

hahaha classic. That would NOT go over well here... No gadgets. Haven't even SEEN any gadgets... Much less seen them used!

Apparently "anything went" in Denny's 'younger years' hahaha

 

and now he's decided that's NOT the way it should be, so we're to learn how to train properly :)

worx for me!

(much better than this comments section apparently!)

 

Post a Comment