Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

It's what you learn after you know it all that's important.

So I got thoroughly shown today :) But it was amazing. Denny was riding w/ me in my lesson (a fairly regular occurance) n I was jumping around n I guess he got bored w/ the flatwork he was doing... hahaha felt the need to demonstrate how it's *supposed* to work. Yeah a top level rider on an amazingly athletic horse -- was absolutely incredible to watch. There's not much I wouldn't give to be able to ride like that. Horse hasn't jumped in almost 4 months (for a variety of reasons, none of which were soundness related) and is *very* looky and not an easy ride. Yet EVERY spot was bang-on perfect. You could literally see the horse sit-up and change his balance 4 or 5 strides out of the fence. Was really impressive to watch.

N of course I'm just competitive enough to figure "well if he can do it why can't I?" hahaha yeah whatever *g* We won't mention the 40+ years of top-level experience *g* But our next few rounds were significantly better, so maybe there's something to that.

The question of the day: "When can you see your distance?" "ummm consistantly??? 4 or 5 strides out..." I sheepsihly replied, fully expecting to be nailed for it. "4 or 5??? You can go to the Olympics on 3." hahahha yeah and to my absolutely stunned expression of that statement I got "I'm not kidding." So there's hope yet *g* I did have to PROVE the "4 or 5" that I claimed -- but fortunately I know better than to exaggerate my abilities so this was not an issue.

Ok well it's been a *very* long day and tis not over yet so must be off!

0 comments:

Post a Comment