Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

30 Things in 30 Years

This is completely unrelated to anything you might expect on this blog, but I was so impressed by it I wanted to share:

Background: heard this on the radio today -- thought the timing was pretty good... http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tim+mcgraw/my+next+thirty+years_20137353.html (like I said, radio choices here are country, oldies, or church. GOTTA get the Ipod fixed!!!)

Then I came across this blog -- the challenge was to come up w/ 30 things to do in the next 30 years and this was one woman's response:

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474977123584

She just had her 82nd birthday. I've scrolled through some of her other posts -- I REALLY hope I'm going that strong @ 82!

One that caught my attention started w/ "My little boy, he's 57..." hahaha I guess it's all in the point-of-view.

Anyways -- just thought I'd share... Off to figure out MY 30 things now *g*

3 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I love this post! The lyrics, and that poem that you linked are really thought-provoking. Amazing.

(Sorry about the last comment - I posted with my work email accidentally!)

 

Glad you like it. I spent several hours reading the site that poem came from -- a really interesting woman!

 

Post a Comment