Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

What day is it?

I was a little tired when I woke up this am, moving a little slowly. And my brain asked "is it Friday yet?" and answered itself with some calculations that "no, it's only Tuesday" and found myself disappointed. I'm sure we've all had this conversation with ourselves - but what made me laugh is how deeply ingrained it is. Because for me, now, the only advantage to Friday is that everybody *else* is in a better mood *g* My easiest day these days is Wednesday. That's the closest I come to a weekend, which means today IS, in effect, my version of Friday (sweet!)

hahaha did you follow that? Just amused me how ingrained the concept of Friday is...

So along with the days of the week holding no special significance, the world continues revolving entirely without me. hahaha now no surprise there obviously, but what was a surprise was how quickly I moved into my own little bubble without the rest of the world. That war between Iceland and Canada could *actually* break out and I'd be completely oblivious (well, until somebody posted it on Facebook!) But really, I'm at the barn all day every day. No tv, no newspaper. I'm sure there's news on the radio occasionally but I rarely catch it. It's a little disconcerting to have absolutely no idea what's going on in the world. So my home page has to become a newspaper so I at least see *some* news when I sign in :) That's my current solution.

And now, off to my bubble!

0 comments:

Post a Comment