Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Week 1

So it's been a week... That is completely unbelievable. Because on the one hand, it still seems completely surreal and entirely new, and on the other hand I feel like I've been there for years. A good thing I guess, but just sends me spinning when I think about it...

The last two days chores were done in a reasonable amount of time, so that leads me to think things are slowly getting organized :) I'm not trying to do 18 things at the same time -- down to about 7 now! So all good.

Next week's goals are business and advertising. So much less fun than unpacking and organizing the barn, but methinks arguably even more important. Need new students and preferably some boarders sooner rather than later! Well that, and hopefully buying the "last" school horse. We'll see :)

And speaking of buying horses - yes I bought another one :) Apollo is a Jack-sized paint. Super quiet. Was actually broke western so doesn't jump and will need some extra training, but bought him for his attitude. He was having a nap when I walked in -- and really wasn't disturbed enough to get up till his rider told him he had to :) He was a husband-horse (in the literal sense) bought by wife and sister-in-law who both ride so husband could join in, and he apparently babysat hubby like a pro till hubby decided this game really wasn't worth the money and decided to sell him.

Place was sort of interesting - drove down through suburbia. Nice row of houses -- not the clone types of houses you see in new suburbs, but different ones close together. Thinking I must be way wrong, but the directions were very clear... hmmmm Sure enough - house at the end has a paddock in the back yard. And far enough back a barn and more paddocks. Kewl. No arena, so we rode outside in the snow. She rode him around a bit and then I got on. After a few strides it was evident he was quiet as could be (but would keep going -- not lazy, just quiet) so I flapped around and pretended to be a pony kid and he was still a superstar. So I brought him home :) I think owner was a little surprised by that, but all good :)

So yeah pretty excited :) Only down side -- not enough time to write! hahaha well that and I have little-to-no Internet at the barn. Tricky. Well that and I think I have to sell Sienna :( Boooo. No students ready to ride her and can't really afford to have one just for me at this point. But riding all the others has made me appreciate her soooooo much more! Classic eh?

Alright - back to work :) Hey - that smilie typed itself. How often do you see a smilie after that sentence? That must be a good sign.

0 comments:

Post a Comment