Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Morning babbling :)

Driving on the 401 is not fun at the best of times.
Driving on the 401 in rush hour traffic is worse.
Driving on the 401 in rush hour traffic after dark is still worse.
Driving on the 401 in rush hour traffic after dark when you're tired is... you got it - worse.
Driving on the 401 in rush hour traffic after dark when you're tired with snow/rain/freezing rain compounds the worseness factor.
Driving on the 401 in rush hour traffic after dark when you're tired with snow/rain/freezing rain while in the Beast and towing Murray -- definitely worse!
Driving on the 401 in rush hour traffic after dark when you're tired with snow/rain/freezing rain while in the Beast and towing Murray with a horse on board who does *not* want to be there and is big enough to make the both Beast AND Murray move a couple feet...

Well let's just say I was *very* relieved when we made it home. And credit to Murray for still being in one piece! McBride definitely makes sturdy trailers. The drive up was much easier - nice sunny weather, daylight, no traffic... Except I followed a snow plow for almost an HOUR at a whopping 20km/h. Was not amused at that :( Esp as there was no snow to plow (the road ahead looked very much like the road we were driving on and when they left there was no discernible difference other than speed!). I have great appreciation for them *when it's snowy!* but have to admit would rather not follow them when the driving is good. (I assume they were salting or something but still...) All in all, a ridiculously long day spent on the 401.

So yes I did pick up another horse :) For those who knew Moe, he's a clone :) Not in looks but in general life philosophy. BIG lazy tb who can do everything (experience list kinda like Dixie's) but takes some convincing. As he gets fit it should take slightly less convincing, but I think he'll always choose "slow" as his gait of choice. Feels like he'll be able to jump a reasonable amount though and certainly enjoys that part of things.

For those of you who had weight loss or get in shape as new year's resolutions - have I got the plan for you! hahaha all you need to do is open a farm! No problem. Also the solution for anybody who doesn't sleep well. Before this month I can't remember the last time I slept all the way through the night. Now... 5 mins after I lie down I'm out till about an hour after the alarm clock starts beeping. Oops. On the plus side - sweet! On the down side - mornings are still as hard as they've always been. Ah well. hahaha and all it took was total and complete physical exhaustion. I'm hoping I still get to sleep as well once things settle a bit and my body gets a little more used to its new regime...

Ok off to feed the ponies!

1 comments:

I've been telling people that for years! Have insomnia? Want to start a fitness program? Come to my world! FYI, I'm still waiting for things to settle down...no wait, I actually hope they never do!

 

Post a Comment