Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Shopping Anyone?

So your completely useless fact of the day -- the biggest money in the world! How'd you like to carry this around in your pocket:



From the Pacific Island of Yap (an unfortunate name in itself :) these Rai stones are used as money and can be up to 3m in diameter and weigh 8,800 lbs. (How's that for a product of the very confused Canadian education system -- I use m for distance and lbs for weight *g* For those who actually learned one entire system that = about 10ft and 4tons respectively).

I gotta admit that'd prob put an end to any spur of the moment shopping!

Apparently there's one on the lawn of the Bank of Canada in Ottawa -- I think a road trip may be required. hahaha :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment