Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Happy St Pats Day!!!

One of the guys brought in green cupcakes for breakfast :) Yeah St. Pat's day :) A little iffy looking, but very tasty.

hahaha ok so this site has an entire collection of "No Photos" signs! I love it. "Strictly no photography is a photo-sharing site for photographs taken where you are not allowed to take them. From the inside of the Kremlin to Kensington palace, from art galleries to war zones. Here you can see everything you've ever wanted to see that you're not supposed to. There are pictures that range from the ordinary to the profound." -- had fun flipping through here, so thought I'd share :)

So teaching, riding, training -- all things I love in the horse world; buying and selling, not so much. Too frustrating and heartbreaking. So I don't do it very often. Occasionally though client I'll help a client search for their perfect match. Have been keeping an eye out for somebody whose considering but still on the fence about buying. Started riding as an adult and is a very novice (and reasonably nervous) rider. As such I'm looking at older "been-there, done-that" types, and keeping my eye out for phrases like "children's horse" or "beginner horse". I was completely appalled by the phrases I came across. For instance: "Excellent Children's Horse Prospect". I'm sorry what?!?! If it's an excellent children's horse by definition it's not a prospect -- it's proven. At very least proven to be thoroughly broke, bomb-proof, and tolerant. So I clicked on the link to see what they were thinking -- maybe it really *is* a child's horse but has talent to be something else. Oh no -- it's 3 and just backed. Yeah, that's what I'm going to put my kid on. Sheesh. And really, *most* of the 2-3yos I've started have been quiet. Many even "kid-safe" (although personally I'd have serious issue w/ putting a novice rider on anything that green). The problem is when they turn 4 or 5 and become teenagers and suddenly are not kids' horses. I will admit though the Children's Horse Prospect was significantly less oboxious than the one which advertised the "3 yo Kid's Horse". Ugh. Ok end of rant.

I'm soooo excited by it being warm and sunny :) hahaha doesn't take much eh? Rode outside today, n really that's all it takes to make it a good day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment