Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Possible proof of the paranormal?

So I was flipping through some old files -- looking at "first lines" and story starts that I'd written but never done anything with trying to decide what I might do for Flash this week when I got distracted by the other folder -- the one that holds 'finished' versions... And I was randomly opening and reading some of them and it was the weirdest experience. I know I wrote them but enough time has passed that some of them I hardly recall at all. Added an interesting distance to read them from that perspective -- some I still really like. Others fell into the "what was I thinking?!?!" category :) hahaha But the really interesting part was in doing so, realizing that the ones I still like are those that came easily. Where I typed the story as I heard it in my head, with absolutely no knowledge of what was going to happen and always really glad when something did *g* As opposed to the ones written with "I have to write something now" that took serious effort and thought and planning. You would think that stories that have *some* sort of plan behind them would turn out to be better, but evidently not so much in my world *g* I'd also think that me writing and me writing would turn out somewhat near the same quality of story, but again, evidently not so much. Or maybe the divide is really just in my mind, caused as much from the vague memory of the writing as by the story itself -- but looking at it it seemed the style was so different between them as to be blatantly obvious. One story even switched in the middle -- the beginning was forced, but then the rest flowed. So I'm wondering -- can you tell which ones came easily? Or is it only with that background knowledge that it's obvious? Cause really, if the forced ones are blatant, perhaps I should just skip those weeks :) But then that being said, some of the ones I like least get the most comments, so what do I know >;-P As for the paranormal -- I know there I know nothing. So when Shan sent me this I was leaning towards the 'mist' idea, but figured I'd at least watch it through and see... Let me know what you think! This is a car advertisement from Great Britain. When they finished filming the ad, the film editor noticed something moving along the side of the car, like a ghostly white mist. They found out that a person had been killed a year earlier in that exact same spot. The ad was never put on TV because of the unexplained ghostly phenomenon. Watch the front end of the car as it clears the trees in the middle of the screen and you'll see the white mist crossing in front of the car then following it along the road.....Spooky! Is it a ghost, or is it simply mist? You decide. If you listen closely to the ad, you'll even hear the cameraman whispering in the background about it near the end of the commercial.

0 comments:

Post a Comment