Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

It's the little things in life...

So we all know in the horseworld gossip has a life of its own. As in many worlds of-course -- but the horse world is excessive. (comeon, almost entirely women, many of whom have lots of $ and lots of free time... what else is there to do?) So I have to say today I was incredibly pleasantly surprised to discover a distinct *lack* of gossip. Here's the story -- I have a friend who, among other things, has gone way above and beyond to help me get GRS going. I went to her way-back-when when I was very upset about a situation w/ a mutual acquaintance of ours. She offered an ear, copious amounts of alcohol, and some good common-sense advice. (I took two of the three -- you can pick which two!) Fast-forward a couple years and I was chatting with another friend -- this one more of an acquaintance. She's awesome and I quite enjoy her company, but we rarely see each other and don't really know each other outside the barn. However, she is very close to friend A. She also knows all of the people involved in the original situation. So when I referenced it today I was quite surprised to realize that she didn't know anything about it. Not that I thought my little drama was particularly gossip worthy, just that living all my life in this tiny world where everybody knows everything (or else just makes it up!) the fact that FriendA didn't even tell a super-close friend who (knowing all involved) would likely have been interested -- even though I didn't expressly ask her not to, means a lot to me. A little thing. A nothing thing that I'm sure she's long since forgotten. But it made me smile to know. And while I was impressed, I was somehow not surprised. She's just that kind of person; the kind I want to be when I grow up :) Along the same trend, your good-news story for the day: Kindness of strangers -- so while the kid is an idiot for trying to run a marathon w/o training properly, I was still pleased to read about the two guys who stopped to help him... And on a completely different note: I'm going out to play :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment