Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

So could somebody tell me why the horse who's afraid of EVERYthing decides a PORCUPINE is the creature worth investigating?!?! Poor thing had about 8 quills in his muzzle this morning... I've never actually seen porcupine quills before. They're pretty intimidating looking.

Went on a conditioning hack yesterday -- sooooo much fun. Man the day I figure out how to get those gaits in dressage, I'm set! hahaha Little RC is getting stronger fast, and being a TB is already pretty well aerobic fit, so we're slowly starting to do more. Flat lessons have been consistently focusing on relaxation b4 anything (ummm which part of TB did you miss???), follow the training scale, etc etc. And we're finally getting to the point where we don't have to quit as soon as we get said relaxation so starting to be able to work a bit. He's willing enough but dressage is never going to be his strong point I'm afraid -- I now know enough to appreciate Miss Zel *g*

For the curious, RC and I from our first XC school: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=172632&l=e08e1&id=823765365

And for comparison purposes -- the real Rio: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3424008&l=21b5a&id=823765365 hahaha I'm not *that* far off in calling borrowed horse RC!

Yeah so I really have nothing exciting to say tonight. Really just typing to avoid going out in a wicked storm to feed late-night. Later!

0 comments:

Post a Comment