Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

The great(?) USofA...

NO MARS BARS!!!! ARGH!!! Went through aisle after aisle of Hallowe'en candy searching and there are NONE. Then I realized there aren't any in the normal candy aisle either... How are Mars bars strictly Canadian? Usually I'd say that's wonderful -- but less so when I'm not home! hahaha And no little caramel squares either -- really, why even bother with Hallowe'en? Sheesh.

Also searched in vain for a magic bag (think microwaveable bean bag that goes around your neck). They don't exist :( Eventually found a very poor substitute -- but it's not long enuff :( Blah.

There're also no ketchup chips (I can live w/o those -- but it def made the decison of do I want doritos or ketchup chips a non-issue :)

And no KD-cups... They have KD (although it's called something diff, but it's still the same) but not those wonderful new microwave cups.

So much for the most developed country in the world!

4 comments:

this would be about the time that you send urgent requests for care packages from friends north of the border

 

hahaha would def be welcome :)

Address is on FB *hint hint*

I'll soooo be collecting mars bars when I come home @ Xmas!

Oh well -- maybe I'll get skinny this way! None of the junk I like to eat is available!

 

testing with Helen's help Oct 5 to see if I CAN comment

 

Post a Comment