Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

On our way

I'm currently watching the sun rise while eating a croissant in Paris.  Yup, life is good :).  It's roughly 2am home time but somehow I'm not remotely tired.  Just as well as we have 3h to kill before out next flight.



Flight in left late but arrived early - yeah tail wind ;).  Only real down side is that moments after they served food both drinks slid off my tray and onto my lap;  then seconds later, Chris' did too!   I managed to catch the food but I was horribly soaked as was my seat.  Actually the most unpleasant experience.  And because I was wet, shortly thereafter I was freezing :(. Covered the wet seat w a plastic bag (not sure how useful that was as my pants were pretty thoroughly soaked by that point) and then buried myself in blankets and my heavy fleece *sigh*.  Not ideal, but if that's the worst thing that happens on this trip, things are good.  Fortunately wearing light summer pants which dried in a couple hours.  I don't think I've ever been so grateful to not be wearing jeans!

So I've discovered that the Spanish I've been working so hard to learn has bumped what little French I once knew right out.  I did manage the most simplistic of conversations in French, but my brain was going English-Spanish-French.   Lol brutal.  Ah well - I suppose the plus is that the Spanish is getting better ;)

The Paris airport is a fairly significant step up from Toronto's in design and comfort.  Although we were a little annoyed to have to take all our camera gear out to go through security- in TO they just opened the bag.  Ah well, at least it wasn't busy ;).  So now my phone is in a free charging locker and I'm tying this on my iPad while Chris is off hunting Pokemon - except my seat is a lounge so I may just snag a short nap in the sunlight.

Next stop: Nairobi.

0 comments:

Post a Comment