Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Today I learned I can't jump backwards...

Let's talk agility.  It would seem that despite excessive amounts of agile training, I have none ;-P.  Lol okay those may be two different takes on the word, but still.  It would be nice if they aligned.

So Nicole and I are into week two of Core de Force.  And we've chosen the "deluxe" version because, why not ;). Said deluxe version has several videos, mostly agility related, that aren't in the original selection and I've never done before.

Week one went reasonably well.  All the cardio was a bit of a shock to the system but my arms and legs are missing the weights.  All good - I'll do the month and then throw in another "hard labour" week.   In week one there was an agility video which used a ladder -- which I don't have.   Not a ladder you climb, rather one that lies on the ground and you step in and out of.   So I did the exercise without and then hit up Amazon.  All good right?

Suffice to say I do not look like this.   But it does show part of the ladder ;)
Then today's workout.  Ah today's workout.  First sign -- only six rounds.  Most are nine; I seem to remember some of the later ones are 12.   So seeing six, it isn't a "yeah this'll be easy" sign.  No.  Not new.  It's like walking into a jump lesson and seeing all the fences set at 2' -- you know the exercise will be nearly impossible.

But it gives me a chance to use my shiny new ladder, so that's exciting.  And this is where I learned I cannot, for the life of me, hop or jump backwards.  Lol apparently not a required skill in my world.  Because in the backwards exercises -- I wasn't even *close* to making it from one rung of the ladder to the next.  Nope, I moved maybe an inch?  It was really quite sad.  And frustrating.

Some of the ladder exercises were super fun, and I was so entertained by them I didn't really notice how gross the puddle of sweat by my feet was becoming.   But the stupid hopping backwards *sigh*. And the one with the twisty hips???  Honestly, I suspect I look very much like a drunk angry squirrel *sigh*.
You can find anything on Google ;)
While I sometimes wish there was a mirror in our workout area so I could see what I'm doing, in the agility routines I'm very glad there is not.  In my imagination I'm a fighting machine!  Lol I don't want to ruin that with reality.

Reality check ;)
Overall though, I'm really enjoying this series.  Lots of variety, the exercises move quickly, and many of them are entertaining.  I am missing the weights (who knew?) but I certainly still feel like I'm getting decent workouts.  And having a workout buddy is awesome!

0 comments:

Post a Comment