Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Mistakes are proof that you're trying...

I'm so not even vaguely close to this yet.
My Spanish homework for the week was to write a story using a random collection of provided words.  So I wrote the story in English and then translated.  And yes, I know that’s not the way you’re supposed to do it, but it’s already super slow and painful – going directly to Spanish isn’t an option yet.   And the difference between the two versions?  OMG.   It was a random very short story in English, but at least it was a story.  By the time I finished attempting to put it in Spanish, it was a ridiculously bland, barely comprehensible, "See Spot Run" narrative *sigh*   Ah well.   

What impressed me the most – when I was typing in Spanish, my spell check and autocorrect were angry, but the punctuation adapted.  When I typed in an English paragraph I got normal quotation marks, and when I typed in a Spanish paragraph I got their double triangle things…    Now if only it was smart enough to switch autocorrect accordingly as well, I’d be set ;)  Of course, my phone (where I usually practice my Spanish) tries to do that and ends up doing part in English and part in Spanish – sometimes in one text ;)  Lol fun fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment