Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Living vicariously through my fictional characters...

I'm having a lot of fun with my newest project :)   It's based off a flash I wrote years ago that always stayed with me.  The original can be read here if you're interested:  A Summer's Day

Wow - I just realize it was three years ago to the day I published that one.  Eerie.  It's not in first person anymore and the MC had a name change, but the rest is serving as the first chapter *g*

Had to write a scene the other day in which a girl who was terrified of horses, had to ride.  Was an interesting challenge :)   But then it led to getting to write this one, after she thoroughly showed them all *g*

She looked to Marcus whose eyes were following the no longer visible dragon.  She waited until he turned his attention to her before smiling and shrugging one shoulder casually.  “Well?” she asked.

“Your highness,” he knelt before her, one hand at his chest, head bowed, entire body radiating sincerity.  Lissa thought back to how he’d dismissed her in their second meeting.  How very far they’d come.  But she was a lot less comfortable with his subjection than she had been with his disdain.

“Get up Marcus,” she said.  She had to work to keep her tone soft.  “I’m still the same girl who can’t ride a horse.”

He met her eyes and his look contained both awe and humour.  “You fly on the back of a dragon with more ease and skill than the best horsemen have ever demonstrated.  I don’t think you need to worry about riding a horse.”

Well, it amused me anyways :)   I *think* this story's about half way written, and I'm pretty excited about it.  But I really don't know.  Slowing down significantly with show season hitting.  The print copy of my book is just about ready to be resubmitted!  Tomorrow, if I get the barn done in a reasonable amount of time :)  Yeah!

Speaking of show season, my girls were *amazing* at Glen Oro this weekend!  What an awesome start to the season :)  It'll get its own blog post on the GRS blog, probably tomorrow :)

Tired, headachy, and so very unproductive today.  Teaching I couldn't seem to get any words to come out in the right order.  Just not the best of days.  Blah.  And I *really* miss riding my horse.   Bruise is evident on her hoof now, so at least we know what we're dealing with.  But probably another couple weeks realistically. Boo on that.  Also writing this post and rereading old stuff because I'm not thinking clearly enough to write anything new.  Blah.

Oh well - maybe I'll try actually going to sleep at a reasonable hour and see how that works out :)   Or I could write one of the three or four blog posts waiting to be written *g*  Night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment