Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Where's my clone when I need her?

So I passed just about the worst marketing example ever the other day.

A billboard, on my way to work, that stated "Accord, by definition it means compromise." And that's all I saw. So for the next few days every once in a while this would flip through my little brain. It made no sense as an Accord ad, but otoh clearly failed miserably as an ad for whatever vehicle it was supposed to be, since I had no concept of their product but was continually thinking about the one they were against. Just goes to show why "competitor bashing" ads are a waste of time and effort -- not only does it make your company look bad (since it's basically as though, you can't compete so you'll try and shoot down the others rather than raise yourself to their level.) but it puts your competitor forefront in the client's mind. Bad idea all-round. Whoever pushed that campaign through should be fired. Just my 2 cents :)

So if you put in 2 cents but are only offered a penny for your thoughts, who's making the penny? And how do I get to be that person?

I'm so far behind on absolutely everything this week. Not such a good thing. Esp as I'm trying to get ahead so I can run away!

Rode a friend's horse the other day; really was not expecting much from what I've seen of him in the past. Was quite pleasantly surprised to discover there's some really decent training in there. Once we got past the "forward is not negotiable" discussion he was really quite nice to ride. Very happy about that :) It's been a while since I've ridden anything other than Si too, and he's oh about the extreme opposite, so that was a little interesting. Got on Si after and put my leg on and she just about launched me. hahaha right, gotta remember to turn the volume down for her :) He did make me appreciate how well Sienna responds to the half-halt. Will take me a day or two to (re?)install that on him. It'll come though. He certainly tried really hard.

Gotta run.

0 comments:

Post a Comment