Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

"Courage is the most beautiful kind of madness."

So I'm house sitting this week. N most of the resident critters have decided I'm their best friend. Cats are super friendly (yeah there's a surprise given that all I do is feed them :) one of which I absolutely adore. Canaries get all excited when I walk in the room (ugh but one of them is soooo shrill it just makes me cringe -- but still, the concept is good). The one I'm concerned about is the parrot. He doesn't appear to eat or drink and he certainly wants nothing to do w/ me. Now I'm ok w/ this entirely in that I was warned he's not exactly what one would call friendly, but I am starting to get concerned about the complete lack of eating/drinking. Anybody have birds? Is he going to live through the week? Quite an impressive fellow -- I'd really like him to remain that way.

Graduate Riding School went to Foggy River on Sun; to give you an idea, Sienna was the most experienced horse of the group. hahaha and one of the greenbeans was being ridden by a hunter rider who got brave long enough to agree to come and promptly forgot her bravery at home. But by the end she was jumping everything like a prostar :) Anyways for the curious, more on that on the GRS blog...

Going XC tomorrow w/ my new jump coach. Not convinced we're at all ready for this hahaha -- keep in mind we never got out of the TROT in our last lesson >;-P But I am soooo looking forward to it. Been a while since I've been that excited to ride. Also excited to spend a work day just teaching and riding. The way my work days SHOULD be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment