Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Random teaching interlude

So I don't know how many times over the years I've had a student lose a stirrup, panic cause they don't have it, and either fall off or just have a very scary moment. Well I had to laugh the other night when I was teaching. Student in question has quite a good dressage position and was working w/ jockey-stirrups to improve strength and balance for jumping. Well her horse spooked at something and shot forward and her immediate instinct was to DROP her stirrups so that she could get her leg long and on. hahaha Well I was amused anyways. She did, of course, bring horse back under control no problem and then reluctantly took her stirrups back. But it's possibly the first time I've ever had a student drop her stirrups in that scenario. It's all about the comfort zone eh?

Anyways -- that just amused me so thought I'd share. Weather is hovering around headache stage today. No fun @ all.

Back to work w/ me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment