Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Even the smallest thing can be an adventure with a curious cat

It turns out my excellent but large and old(er) photo printer is now very difficult and very expensive to buy ink for.   Boo.

So I made the executive decision that I’d buy a new, significantly cheaper AND smaller version that is supposed to be more reasonable about ink usage.  It has all kinds of limitations for sure and is nowhere near as nice as my lovely old one but it has one big advantage: it works. 


Printer w Nola, paper feeder, and plug for scale ;)


I hooked it all up - rather impressed that it actually connected hassle free - and hit print.  All good.   Starts printing…


…. And the whole thing is yellow?!?!   Like vibrant yellow.  While I’m trying to figure out what I could possibly have done wrong, it steals the photo back!   


Lol and photo starts coming through again - this time w blue…


Yup - sure enough it repeats 4 or 5 times until photo comes out and looks honestly much better than I’d expected.


Enola is fascinated by printers to begin with,
but one that teases her with the paper going in and out of both sides?!?!


Except - Enola saw it going back and forth and went into curious hunter mode.  Which continued long after the photo was finished.  Lol which means I’ll wait to print the photo I was actually after until she’s not ready to protect me ;)


Life’s little amusements.




With her bounty ;-P


0 comments:

Post a Comment