Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

It's surprisingly easy to misplace a sleeping black dog in the dark ;)

Lost Sasha tonight - you know, the only night I’ve been able to hear coyotes and wolves outside.

She was with me in the main cottage when parents went to bed (parents and I usually bunk in the little cottage) and I was pretty sure nobody had let her out after (would be a complete accident if they had, and the only people to go outside after my parents are animal-savvy so wouldn’t have not noticed her slipping out.  Also not her style - she’s pretty confident in her exits and entrances).  But then I realized baby gate to the basement was open.  The basement where I took her earlier today to cool off.  And where the older kids sleep.  Sure enough, she was downstairs sleeping in the cool basement w the kids.  😂.  The trick, beyond finding a black dog in pitch black, was to call her just loudly enough to wake her without waking anyone else *g*


Deeming that a win though - and honestly, if I didn’t think it would stress my Mum if Sasha wasn’t where she sb in the am, I prob would’ve let her stay.  The kids would’ve loved it ;).  Maybe tomorrow night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment