Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

It goes against my religion to look down

So today I tried to apply everything I learned yesterday and…. Failed horribly!   Yup, couldn’t even get high enough to fall *sigh*

Was thinking maybe overdid it?   Except the parts that were feeling it (that’d be shoulders!  OMG.  And a little bit back but muscle sore not pain sore) were not the parts I should need to get up.  Hmmm.  Was pretty horribly disappointed in myself (brilliance or disaster remember) and trying to self coach that acceptable learning curve blah blah blah.   


Took a break and  watched the vid I was so excited about yesterday and decided I’d try once more reset the bar to “just do that” - aka get upside down.   Vaguely remembering that rule one in coaching is only change one thing at a time.  And it just *might* be plausible that also applies to me.  Lol okay. 


And you know what, it worked!   And then one instruction that was easy to both remember and modify from that position was “look down”. Lol the extreme opposite of what I’ve spent my whole life learning to avoid at all costs is now an ideal state?!?!   But, while I couldn’t even figure out how it would work physically when standing (my neck doesn’t bend that way!) it was remarkably easy when upside down and - shockingly - instantly improved my position.  Not that I could tell from there but video reveals a clearly connected transition from hollow back to straight.   Win!


So today’s lesson - advice from the pros works, but only if you can actually implement it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment