Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

When you're going through Hell, keep going...

Another long day of renovations today.  Worse, a day of renovations that I couldn't actually be any part of.  The carpets were put in -- yeah, new house smell!   And some of the granite countertops were installed.  And Chris put in the rangehood for the stove.  In all this, I mowed the lawn and occasionally went to find something for somebody *sigh*   Both the people helping today were interesting -- the carpet guy from Turkey with his son, and the granite guy who had all the cool toys to make his job easier.
We have carpet!
Welcome to my life.   At least the end is in sight :)   And as far as sight goes -- mine is exactly as it was yesterday: the same black shadow with the same grey cloud.  Awesome.  But at least it hasn't changed.

Was rereading some flash I wrote ages ago -- long enough ago that I only vaguely remember writing them (although was sort of appalled to discover I've yet to write one this year!  Fail.)   Very pleased to discover that now that I don't remember writing them, I'm enjoying reading them -- hahaha but I guess that makes sense since I generally write things that amuse me.

Maybe next reno day there's nothing useful for me to do, I'll scrounge something to write on and see what I can come up with.  I think today's supervisor could use his own story ;)   I had to take the picture super fast as I was trying to stay out of the way of too many people in a small space.  Chris could *not* understand what I was taking a picture of; his eyes rolled so far I was afraid he'd need surgery too ;-P hahaha ah well -- the way I see the world rarely fails to amuse me, so I'll continue to share it with those inclined to read.  Just remember, I'm telling you stories.  Trust me.

Our supervisor looked slightly concerned...



0 comments:

Post a Comment