Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

A truly Canadian morning


Was all kinds of Canadian this morning.  Chris and I went to the sugar bush for Sunday pancake breakfast. Apparently this is a thing -- I never knew that :)

For three weeks a year, some of the farms that magically turn sap into syrup, sell pancakes to go with their product.  Actually seems like an awesome idea.  This one was the Maple Ridge Syrup & Pancake House.
And then a miracle occurs...
This particular farm had a little shelter built with long wooden tables and benches.  Breakfast choices were 1, 2 or 3 pancakes (toddler, child, adult) with ham or sausage, a fruit cup, and a drink of the coffee/tea/juice variety.  It was a simple as it gets and super yummy *g*    Turns out there were free refills on pancakes too, which amused me for some reason.  I don't usually even like maple syrup, but in this instance it was a must.


I was surprised by how few children were actually there, although it's plausible we were after the kid rush.

Anyways it was really quite a pleasant and reasonably amusing start to the day.  And sadly the last, at least there; they're retiring this year and it was the last weekend of their last season.  Guess I experienced it just in time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment