Here there be dragons...

"I'm telling you stories. Trust me." - Winterson

Mini-pony brag :)

Lexi cantered today.  Under saddle.  On the right lead.  On the first try.

This would be the first time ever those combination of phrases could legitimately be used together *g*   hahaha and only another horse person who's started a horse from the beginning will really understand how exciting this complete non-event really is.

For everybody else - three months from now this will be an every day expectation, but today this is a VERY BIG DEAL :)  So I felt the need to share it.  In caps :)   So that a couple years from now when I'm stressing because she's nqr in her half-pass I can look back and see from where we've come *g*

And in case you missed it - she jumped 4'!  Woohoo!  And it was a complete non-issue.   This was, of course, *not* under saddle.  But I can't wait till the day we can play those games together :)



And in completely unrelated news, for the first time in years, I have a New Year's Goal :)   ONE day each month with nothing scheduled.   No barn, no puppy classes, no clinics, no shows, no social obligations, nothing.   This is WAY more of a challenge than one might think *g*  I pulled it off for January.  And I have hopes for Feb-April, mostly thanks to Stephy doing Wednesdays...   But then show season hits and it'll suddenly become way more of a challenge...   I'm hoping publishing it might actually make it happen.  Fingers crossed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment